Wednesday, 23 December 2015

R.I.P


IT IS WITH GREAT SADNESS TODAY THAT I WOKE TO THE NEWS OF BAGUS WIRATOMO'S PASSING. BAGUS HAS BEEN A LONG TIME FREIND AND SUPPORTER OF D&O AND MYSELF, ONLY RECENTLY HIS BAND, CAVERN DOGS, WAS FEATURED IN THE D&O 2015 NEWSLETTER. HE WAS AN INCREDIBLE ARTIST AS WELL AS A HUMBLE AND MODEST INDIVIDUAL.

R.I.P BAGUS. YOU WILL BE MISSED.

EXCERPT FROM CAVERN DOGS INTERVIEW FROM D&O JULY NEWSLETTER.

D&O- To me, Cavern Dogs is informed by the European and US formula of BM. You play raw, blown out and stomping BM that is direct and saturated in obscurity and darkness. What was the impetus to begin the band?

CAVERN DOGS- As for Cavern Dog, it was all coming out of my activities in art, like drawing, photo manipulation, and alike. Those artworks triggered me to form Cavern Dog the first time; it was like all of my artwork needed a soundtrack, an audio version of the artworks. All of these were based on the situation itself, a sequence of response to personal action-reaction both internally and externally related to the place where I reside and everything in between, within the term of negativity. A series of small tedious rituals that happens in a short period of time, repetitively.